February 26, 2015

The Fezziwig Christmas Party 2014

February 26th: to my delight, this morning I awoke to gently falling snow!
 Although I love spring, I'm happy to have snow again, especially 
since I really miss Christmasy-ness. :)
Thus said, I'm going to publish this Christmas party post for your enjoyment! :) 
Who knows? next week may be spring and I 
don't think this would be as well received as right now....
To our delight, some Dear friends of ours were able to host a wonderful Christmas party, affectionately known as the 'Fezziwig Christmas party'. It was so neat to see all our friend's plans come to fruition! Quite impressive. I have thousands of ideas which...stay such for decades.

 “But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round-apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that-as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!”- nephew Fred,The Christmas Carol 
The cheese ball I made for the party
Nikola brought a Christmas pudding (a sine qua non of such a party!)

Lots of candlelight and twinkle lights! Lovely atmosphere

Nikola and Jessie talking with Shannon

The S. sisters!

Talking

Sam looks like a typical party-goer: beer in hand...jk. 

My camera was being ornery so I decided to make the best of it!

Katia (one of) the bookworm(s) in the family!


We sang favorite Christmas hymns together!

And (of course) danced some favorite dances! 
We had live music and a great caller, wooden floorboards to dance on...it was great! :) 
We did 
Bare Necessities
Hull's Victory
Jack's Maggot
Duke of Kent's Waltz
...and a couple more


The plaid blur=Peter. Don't worry, he apologized and lived to see another day.




An original Beyond the Mask barrel! ;)
I have to wonder what the owners of the this restaurant (where this rented room was located) thought when the Burns lugged that in!
Friends

Sisters...at our finest ;P 
You have to love the enthusiastic flash! 
The background is unusually nice though. 

The evening ended all too soon and since I can't think of anything extremely wise or witty to say so shall this post! ;)

Next: more Christmasy memories!
(December can be a very memory-full month, don't you think? 
January and February are generally more calm. )





No comments: