March 4, 2014

A very fallish November 2013!



I know, Autumn seems so long ago...but I am up to posting about our family's November 2013.    Before November had barely begun, we celebrated yet another birthday- that of our own dear Mother! 
We decided upon a fall-ish approach again...based on an idea I had seen at a wedding at which I served, we put leaves (instead of the usual flowers) in glass containers and covered them with water. Topped with floating candles, it was beautiful! 


the leaves were hot-glued to the base of the glass container. But the glue came off and so we ended up with a slab of glue floating with the leaves attached. It looked like ice, so I look forward to trying this for a winter table some time.





One of the afternoons in November, we headed over to Fort Bellefontaine with our friends the Q. family to ramble and explore...besides take special portraits!


Busy Sam came along to enjoy the location and weather. He studied the whole time.
little lassies



Small Seren
she is so cute. There is just something about chubby-cheeked little blonde lassies...I love them so much and have ''no'' idea why. ;)
*flashback*
As I've said before, the location makes for the best pictures...add Autumn sunshine and sisters...and you have some of the best portraits of the year.



How does she do it?...
it must be the French blood. She has that natural style.




Zoe is Jessica's birthday twin! (although not sisters, they were born on the same day, the same year!) and we have enjoyed knowing her for these many years.














Thank you, Q. family for a special day with your special selves!

For Thanksgiving, we spent the afternoon/evening with some other dear friends at their home...they planned a delightful feast and celebration!






log tossing contest:









What is happening? Well...with Thanksgiving officially over, Nick decided it was fitting to dispose of his prize pumpkin which he had purchased over a month previous to the occasion. 
The best feasible way of ending the jolly vegetable's existence seemed to be a dramatic plunge from the lofty heights of the second-story window. No sooner discussed, but the plan was bravely carried out.




the owner of the pumpkin





11 comments:

Rebekah said...

That was a while ago, but it still looks lovely. Perhaps because I love fall.

Now you're only three months behind. ;)

Zoƫ said...

Lovely photos as always, Marjo!
The water-covered leaves are so elegantly fallish - what a neat decorating idea!
The "people pictures" are great. That first one of Nikola is especially beautiful! And how is it that Elodie looks so effortlessly charming - ALL THE TIME??! Is it even POSSIBLE to get a photo of her in an awkward pose? :]
I'll have to show Seren the photos you posted of her and Katia - she'll love them! She and I were looking through some pictures last night and came across some of the two of them... to which Seren said, "me, loves Ka-tya!" ;)
That's such a sweet photo of "little Marjo"! About how old were you then?
Looks like you had a splendid Thanksgiving - "mellifluous memories" indeed!
What, Marjo? YOU, "a trial" to your friends? I was of the opinion that you were just about perfect... hmm... well, guess you're not, then! That's good to know! :)

Mazzou said...

Rebekah,
I am so glad you love fall and can still enjoy the pictures. :)
I know that I personally could never tire of the richness of colors.

Mazzou said...

Thank you for your delightful comments, Zoe!
Seren is so sweet. Blond little girls always remind me of myself (I was about 2 in that picture) although I was more...quaint- looking than Seren. ;)
I added another picture to this post, of Seren that Sam took. (whew! my grammar there!)
Uhh...no perfection here! :( Unfortunately.
It's funny: Sara was always my closest friend since we were 7 years old...but she and Nikola are more similar to eachother actually, so I am flanked by two sensible, sweet girls who keep me in check. :) I am so grateful.
I'll answer your other comments later.
The boys are at the men's meeting at church and we girls are going to watch an old movie.

Sarah said...

I enjoy reading about you and your sisters/friends photo-shoots! Logs throwing? Sounds like something my family would do:)

The Dischers said...

We know all about being behind. ha ha! That just means you lead busy and productive lives! We enjoyed this post! The Thanksgiving pictures were beautiful! Its that a sugar topped goblet in the first picture? It's beautiful! Where did you find that awesome picture location? Is that a fort or castle? It's wonderful! You girls are so beautiful! Hope to see you soon!

The Dischers said...

Oh! And we loved tha pumpkin disposal method :)

Emily Rose said...

Ah, it's so nice to see the Autumn colors and all your happy faces! It was fun to have a glimpse of your November happenings.

Mazzou said...

Sarah, thank you for stopping by and commenting! I'm glad you enjoy the pictures. :)

Mazzou said...

Dischers: So glad you came by! Thank you for commenting! I miss talking with you; it's been lovely getting to know you ladies the times we've met.
Yes, we had sugar-rimmed goblets as part of the decor.
The fort is our favorite photo location. It is quite near to our home. It is from the early 1800s, but we like to pretend it's much older. (as in Roman ;) )
http://www.stlouisco.com/ParksandRecreation/ParkPages/FortBelleFontaine

Mazzou said...

Emily Rose, We miss you as well! We'll have to find a way to get to see you this year, if you come in to Missouri that is.
Thank you for taking time to comment! I'm so glad you stopped by.