March 27, 2014

2013....in review


I cannot say whether 2013 was unusually short or long. 
Profound thought, I know.
But truly, I am satisfied with the year God gave us! The surprise blessings were bountiful...what with the pleasing weather year-round, the weddings, parties, births, and family times. Plus our travels in Canada 2013...it was in fact, a most unusual year! 
And yet it wasn't overwhelmed by festive occurrences; when I glance over my calendar I see many days of regular routine. I can't think of any big happenings in store for 2014...but only time will tell. 

My goal  in this post is to simply highlight the NEW, unexpected happenings of 2013...I have a love for good surprises. 
Just think: we start the year with no idea what will happen in it! And then God gives us so many wonderful times with family and friends. (note: I am not avoiding the truth that oftentimes God gives us hard times. And lessons. There are always plenty of those. And I definitely do not believe that a person is less blessed by God when He gives them trials
on the contrary...I'd rather have trials and draw closer to God than easy times and not know Him better...)
These are the photographed, big, social surprise blessings of the year:
(I realize I cannot begin to chronicle the unseen, personal lessons and blessings God gave me throughout the year)

JANUARY:
-Brought a Moroccan tea party to the Burnses' house for a ladies evening together

FEBRUARY:
-Redid our dining room floor and walls...the result:

we danced instead of playing paintball at the paintball event:


APRIL:
-Helped make food and serve it at Sara and Owen's wedding in Canada


-attended Sara and Owen's wedding


-visited the thousand islands area in Ontario Canada

MAY:
-Met Melissa and Jordan

-and Mrs. Thomas


-Spent an entire day shopping with friends, and did the thing this business-like shopper never before allowed herself to do at a thrifstore: 
wasted time adorning ourselves with crazy clothes we'd never buy! Except in my case, I DID buy this Indian outfit. NO criticisms allowed. It was ON SALE. for 5 dollars. And I love  wearing it :)

JUNE:
-Darcie's shower


JULY
moved a MASSIVE pile of (FREE! gotta love it.) mulch from the front driveway to the back gardens

spent 4th of July with friends in Forest Park (...in Forest Park with friends)

-attended Jeremy and Darcie's wedding


went blueberrying with friends (Bridges and Heads)

AUGUST:
-went to the Wong's home



-Jeremy and Darcie's dance reception

SEPTEMBER:
-Paddleboating at Forest Park

-Digging our pond with a ''digger thing''

-Canoeing

...and swimming again! (ahhh!!! :))

- attending Kate and Mark's wedding


OCTOBER:
-Party at the Martins'


-Harvest dance

NOVEMBER:
-Thanksgiving with Burns


PLUS....
-listening to Paul Washer for the first (and second and third....) time
-We began going to RCA!
-hearing of the courtship of several dear friends

...of course, every birthday's THEME and exactly what happens on the birthday is a pleasant surprise....but that would make this post extremely LONG.

So I will end this pleasant post of memories.
I am SO GRATEFUL to GOD for granting us these times.
He didn't have to. 
He doesn't have to.
Yet He did.
He continues to.























1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I enjoyed this overview. I told you I haven't been on here much. ;)