November 16, 2013

July 2013...Independence Day, blueberries, wedding...


July was absolutely beautiful, making all the events contained even more fun! :) 
Of course, at the beginning of July, we celebrated Independence Day with several friends which was wonderful.

                                            It was fun to ''bomb'' British soldiers....

Some interesting stances resulted...

(Elodie has an excellent control on gravity)




little miss muscles has a go!
feeling patriotic :)





aunt and nephew :)

a live doll! :)


watermelon drama

Lydia ponders patriotic matters

The Declaration of Independence was read



A humorous skit...

A British gentleman is served Madeira wine by a brave patriot widow....methinks the gentleman looks to be more the genuine Madeiran than the wine! ha! :) 


Back home in July...Alexandre and Laura-Lise decided to use our filled pond for something fun! How I WISH I weighed no more than they do!
                           
Of course, no summer is perfect without a beautiful wedding to attend!
And when its the perfect union of dear, dear friends....then what can be better?...


beautiful expression!



riding away astride horses!
cutting the cake
sisters and heart-sister :)


I'll share more pictures from the wedding in a post devoted solely to that important day!

Later in July, we went blueberry picking with friends! It was such an enjoyable day which culminated in extra antique-shopping and such. :)





And...July 18th was Elodie's 15th birthday! With the theme of ''New Zealand''! 
We always have fun decorating for her summer-y day. Pictures to come in a following post! :)

Here is a preview little video...
of course, with all my movie-making skills, I managed to put it on the wrong setting, making it a little stretched. But I'm not about to re-load the thing!
                                          



8 comments:

The Quinn Family said...

I LOVE THIS POST, MARJO!!!
You all are so beautiful! And the events you photographed so amazingly look like such fun!
Elodie's birthday theme is wonderful! I know very little about New Zealand myself - only that it has magnificent and majestic scenery and that several of my favorite things come from there - I'll have to begin researching that beautiful land sometime soon!
Thanks so much for doing this lovely post!

Sarah said...

I love the dresses! So gorgeous! July is my favorite month. Those horses are just so majestic. Horses are favorite animal. I've always wanted one.

Sarah said...

Since I just recently found your blog, I was looking back at some of your older posts. I tai it that you and some of your siblings were in the movie Pendragon? That fascinated me! I love that movie! At the part when Artos is walking Arfon, I saw this one boy, and I thought to myself, "He would make a good character in my story." Then when I read your blog, I realized that it was your brother. It's very interesting, watching a movie and then reading about all the characters on a blog, and not knowing it's them. It's the weirdest thing;) It's pretty cool that you were in an actual movie. I have always dreamed of acting in a movie my whole life. what an awesome opportunity.

Rebekah said...

Those pictures by the rivers look like fun. :) For several years at Christmas time my grandpa and several other uncles, aunts and cousins, Dad, brother and I would hike down to the Missouri river. It was always such fun. Sometimes the river would have ice pans on them and we'd try to throw rocks to them.

Thomasmama said...

Dear Marjolaine, thank you for sharing these precious glimpses of time missed with my family and the joys shared with yours. Great times for rejoicing! The Lord continue to give you eyes to capture His beauty! ♥Monica

Mazzou said...

Sarah; welcome to my blog! :) Thanks for commenting- it's always fun to hear from readers, and from those who also enjoy the movie Pendragon that our best friends created!Continue to enjoy my blog... :)

Mazzou said...

Zoe: So glad you loved this! :) I always appreciate your thoughts!

Mazzou said...

Mrs. Thomas, I'm pleased to see that you stopped by! :) Thank you for commenting. I'm so glad you liked the pictures! Everybody really missed you at the Independence Day event! Maybe next year, Lord willing everyone will be there! :) Or at other special events.