April 29, 2011

Southern Charm....A Birthday


I loved the colors we did for my older sister Valérie's special Birthday in the middle of March! This Birthday is our family's only real ''spring'' birthday, and the first after four months of no B-days! Valérie loves the American Civil War time period, so this Birthday was decorated southern style with pink, peach and yellow, in honor of her forthcoming surprise trip to Charleston, SC the following week!



We had a delightful brunch: little appetizers, berries and little cakes with whipped cream...I need to share all these delightful spring recipes with all of you!
(I have already shown you the coconut cake one.)



Jessie made and strung pink and yellow paper chains from the ceiling,
lending a festive air to the room, with a different touch than regular streamers.



We visited a park where we often go to walk, or bike...
This time we walked, and enjoyed the pleasant day...as well as pleasant company. ;)

Us kiddies.

The Birthday girl.

All the family but Sam who took the photo.
I love our family celebrations!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

On my blog you can see more of my birthday pictures. I would love for any of you who read my sisters blog to come over. I really enjoyed my birthday.